Monday, October 6, 2014

Is it weird to be in love with a wall?

It's done. And I am in love.

I have finally gotten the gallery wall where I want it to be! Soon will be getting other bedroom accessories up to snuff.. but for now, I will just lay in bed and stare at my pretty wall. :) ahhhhhh

To recap, this is where we TRAGICALLY START... with a terrible "Pinterest fail"(can read about it here) and a stack of frames on my bedroom floor.











So.... off to find INSPIRATION and my favorite was from Style Me Pretty. I liked the combination of colors, looks very classic, and it was easy to imagine around our TV obviously.



IN-PROGRESS included laying out some frames and following a "paper-hanging method". I got my paper method hanging by following these awesome blogs' instructions at Young House Love and A Beautiful Mess. They do an awesome detailed job explaining that I would not even come close to.



And after sitting like that forever, eventually frames came up in the paper's places and nothing went in them.... UNTIL I slowly filled it with meaningful things for Tim and I. :) I made some of the "written" prints and purchased a few printable quotes from Etsy (here, here, and here) and got them printed @ Nations Photo Lab. They were very easy to upload your items, pick your paper/size/etc, printed quickly with good customer service, and overall very reasonably priced. I definitely have a few more things around the house I want to get printed and I will be going back to this company.

Now I am not so great taking pictures of this and our room does not have much natural light (so sorry for the creamy/yellow overhead light look.. it does seem a bit more crisp in person. Eventually I will try to take some better photographs.)

Anywho, without further ado, THE FINISHED PRODUCT:


The overall look from our bed... well technically standing on it so I can prevent some glare ;)


Clockwise from left: The 6 photo frame holds personal things between the husband and I such as our lucky number 13, favorite quote "It's the little things", important dates in our lives/relationship, first dance song lyrics, Mr. & Mrs. ring art I did, and a photograph of the Normal Theater's marquee for "It's A wonderful Life". Next, just another quote we like that translates to "I regret nothing"- very positive outlook we think. Next, a canvas of one of our engagement pictures in "our seat" at Normal Theater.  Lastly, an old school picture of the 2 of us from... 2005?

Clockwise from left: A map of our new home of Chicago <3, a photo from a night out with friends in Milwaukee this year, a picture from our first dance at our wedding, XO (no comment needed right?), the quote "Let's grow old together" (reminds me of "i wanna grow old with you- from the wedding singer" which I LOVE and Tim would always let me know when it was on :) ), and lastly another photo from our wedding. 

AS I SAID- I AM IN LOVE! 
I'm just going to go lay in bed and stare at it!

happy monday!
xo jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment