Tuesday, October 21, 2014

How to: look good and be cozy while flying

In packing for an upcoming vacation, I was planning out what I wanted to wear on the plane and there were some considerations.
  • We are going from cold weather to warm weather; so it's got to be layered. No coat.
  • And in general, I tend to get cold on the plane.
  • Obviously has to be easy to go through security.
  • Comfortable for the day of traveling.
  •  I think I want to wear jeans, so I don't have to pack them... as well as a top and shoes I can maybe re-use while there.  
  • Do not want to buy anything new.
So off to Pinterest I go (of course) for a little inspiration for travel outfits.
 Fine drape cardigan, loose tee shirt, leggings, braided sandals, straw fedora, aviator sunglasses   casual outfit for spring with Tory Burch accessories + bag. http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/5c/08/be/5c08be30cab747ef1c75fce759929f1b.jpg


  http://goodlifeforless.blogspot.com/2014/01/what-to-wear-travel-day.html       http://www.collegefashion.net/inspiration/celebrity-street-style-of-the-week-lauren-conrad-miranda-kerr-jessica-alba/   http://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Celebrities-Wearing-Jeans-Casual-Celebrity-Style-Pictures-18400162#photo-18400381


All very similar and fitting my requirements.

From my closet:
Jeans (Tall b/c I am 5'7... no longer selling at Gap, found here on ebay OR similar here)
White tank (Target)
Scarf (Zara) -seriously amazing. I love it. And size wise, can practically become a blanket on the plane!)
Cardigan (Old Navy -in a light grey/oatmeal color or boyfriend cardigan- similar)
Moccasins (Target) OR Sperry boat shoes (Nordstrom or Von Maur) OR even just black flats (similar)
Necklaces (ILY Couture)


We shall see how it all pieces together... mostly the cardigan and shoes are what may evolve more so that I can re-use them on vacation if needed.  Maybe I'll even try and take a picture of the whole look completed... :)

Welp- back to making my packing lists! and one of my favorite shows The Mindy Project is on soon!

xo jess xo




No comments:

Post a Comment