Tuesday, November 11, 2014

re-fresh

Refresh : give new strength or energy to; reinvigorate.


Recently got back from a little vacation from Palm Springs! Got to have relaxing time by the pool, nice weather, visit with the husband's family, and go to a very posh and beautiful wedding of his cousin's. After feeling like I had been running around and working a lot, the vacation definitely hit the spot and gave me a little pep to my step. Feeling refreshed and I am back on beast-mode. Ready for the next project! But before I jump into my inspiration and plans for what is coming up... I'll give a little recap into the vacation. Humor me if you will... I miss vacation right now as the temperature keeps dropping in Chicago.




**First off, Tim's parents rented a house while we were there. Perfect. Wake up and have some coffee out back while watching the sun rise over the mountains... and end up hanging out in that spot because it works for the rest of the day too!  We hung around the pool most days, made an excursion to downtown Palm Springs, did a little driving around sightseeing, or visited with family.

**Tim and I also went hiking for the first time. Trails up towards the mountains not too far from the house we were staying at-- definitely on the list to do again!


***The night of the rehearsal dinner, we headed to eat at La Quinta Resort. Now, gorgeous desert hotel community BUT biggest thing is that this is where Frank Capra wrote "It's A Wonderful Life"!! :) Now, I will explain the extreme draw of this for Tim and I in December when have our annual Christmas date, but for now- let's just say, this was a very special place to see! :)


               

***Now for the wedding, I am saddened to say that it was so gorgeous and with so much visiting and stuff to see... Did not get a decent picture of the full ensemble. Lighting was either off... Mother-in-law (love her! she admits she hates being the photographer) cut off the feet... or again, just plain forgot. However, got a few compliments from other guests and it was so comfortable. Already thinking about when I can wear it all again!

Necklace- Target
Black Dress- Dillards :and looks like it is on sale right now!!!
Shoes- DSW
Sunglasses- Old Navy (last year)
Earrings- ?? Don't remember, but just little diamond studs.


*** And.. a little about this wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful weather, great scenery (mountains and palm trees), food and appetizers that I am still thinking about, the father of the bride played with his band during the cocktail hour AND had a surprise song played with family members for the bride, it was at a Polo club and there was a small polo exhibition match for the guests to watch, a cake at each table plus a little dessert table, and a good time had by all dancing, drinking, and visiting. 


 Just heard on the news that the temperature is dropping down into the 20s tonight.... sigh... 

xo Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment