Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Picture This

I have definitely been all up on Pinterest and one of the first things I would like to do is.... put up a gallery wall in our bedroom. Above our tv and dresser. I had made some art for right over it when we moved in and immediately disliked it. We shall call it a Pinterest Fail.
The inspiration was something like this:
http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/golden/2011/12/project-18-of-26-big-script-art.html 
with amazing artistic painting penmanship and very original... however I had some issues and kept messing up so I thought, grey is in our bedroom decor.. I can have a grey background and wah-la. This is what I ended up with:



Needless to say...  I am embarrassed to even post this. I have hated it from Day One. The dimensions in the space, my handwriting, the coloring, everything. And I did not do a single thing to fix it.  EYESORE!!  (also, sorry for the terrible pics)

SO last trip to Ikea, I stocked up on a few cheap frames. I have a few old ones and a few from Target. Definitely need some more and of course to figure out what I want to put IN them... BUT here are some of my new inspirations for our bedroom. A nice little gallery wall :)

http://www.stylemepretty.com/living/2013/10/07/lovestru-ck-home-tour/http://www.interiorsbystudiom.com/blog/2013/08/gallery-wall-art-grouping-hanging-frames/
Mele_Greenwich_bedroom2.jpg
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2013/01/stylish-ways-to-display-black-white-photos/ 

Debating which style of frames I like best.. should I stick with photos or also add phrases/quotes/etc? Should I keep it all picture frames or add a canvas (because I have a cute small one from our engagement photos)?  Ahhhhh who knew a gallery wall would have so many decisions? 

I think I like first one best... but maybe because that one is actually around a tv so I can picture it better.... What should I do?!

1 comment:

  1. I like the first and last option best! Ps-I'm really loving hanging with the Lemon's!

    ReplyDelete