Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Home Sweet Home?

Definitely still evolving style wise for the home.  We are about to renew our lease at our current apartment and after 2 years, and about to start year 3, I think I have lived here long enough to finally call some spaces complete.
Sometimes I find it hard to decide between what I love, what I like, what I need.... I've tried where I only walk out of the store with something if I LOVE it. If I don't get it, it is still on my mind and it is still there next time- it's fate and I guess I like it more than I thought and I should have it. HOWEVER this can sometimes result in a modge podge (not always a good thing) of items that don't really flow together.
Currently I have been putting a wish list together of things I would like to do around our apartment. But before I do, I am definitely taking a few quizzes and using Pinterest for some 1) affordable 2) semi-easy 3) cohesive changes for our spaces.
Here are a few quizzes I took (and my results):

HGTV Style Finder Quiz
Your style is Classic Casual
AKA Transitional. A mix of contemporary and traditional. Usually updated, graceful, enduring.


Stylish Home Design Style Quiz
You most resemble a "Bespoke Classic".
Center hall, formal dining, stately living. To cook a grand meal in an elegant kitchen is your joy. A bedroom with distinct character - warm and charming. Your decorative canvas stretches to the property lines. Set your table in a festive fare. A cool refreshing drink - and often more than one! Pre-war, upper east side attitude. At the end of the day… you don't take things too seriously..
Suspected "Bespoke Classic": Princess Diana, Fred Astaire, Ralph Lauren

You are BOHO and a touch Classic
 Boho isn't just carefree. She's adventurous and passionate, loving color and new and unusual uses for things. She's into the Revamp, Reuse, and Recycle, and she can't get enough of foraging for a good deal while mixing and matching silk-and-knit textures and vibrant colors anywhere she can.
- Classic knows there's a place for everything—and everything belongs in its place. And she imbues her sense of structure with a graceful elegance, an undisturbed calm, and of course, an irrefutable beauty.


 So definitely some similarities... "classic"- which is a word I definitely have found myself choosing when I was planning our wedding and with trying to plan a wardrobe or space. So  Time for some Pinterest and further planning my to-do list. I will share it when I have some game plans!


Anybody else feel like it was at least Wednesday today? Just me?







No comments:

Post a Comment